Monday, February 8, 2010

Re: Cheat Day


When I first opened the email regarding a cheat day I was shocked. I have experienced this before with various fitness diets and it's usually been a hardcore strict diet for 6 days and every seventh day you can binge. I never quite understood this method as it seemed more likely to undo not only the physical components but more importantly the mental components that make up the commitment factor. But I must say, at first I was quite enthused by the idea but by now I have become so focused and satisfied with the PCP diet that I was not able to really enjoy the cheat day. I tried my best (a small piece of pizza and some Dutch waffle cookies which I thought would really have some pay-off) but all of the cheat foods felt nowhere near as tasty or satisfying as what my body has now become accustomed to receiving. The psychology behind the diet (the amounts of food and the very focus on healthy food all of the time) has made it so that I don't want to get off of it. I don't know if it's the same for everybody but it's almost like my body is just completely in tune with the natural foods we are eating. I think salt is the only thing I really miss at this point. - Steve

1 comment:

  1. Yes, the point of the indulgences is to have this very feeling, to see unhealthy food choices for what they are, damaging, undesirable, and unnecessary.

    By the way, could you two write your name at the end of your posts so we know who's talking? : )

    ReplyDelete