First of all thanx for the comments and well wishes. Kelly (the injured party) is feeling a little better and is moving around quite nicely today. To answer Lili's question, we were snowboarding down a little hill to get to the bottom of the life and it was quite icey. Kelly hit a couple of moguls and lost her balance and landed on her tailbone. It was a compression fall and it sent the muscles surrounding her ribs into spasm making it hard to breathe. Fortunately she broke nothing and the injury isn't permanent. So today will be stretching and supplimenting the PCP diet with ibuprofin and WATCHING snowboarders via the Olympic coverage.
As for me, I am not injured adn am pounding out the exercises and diet waiting to look in shape. No new muscles to speak of although I did lose a few pounds at this point.
Any new egg-white recipes to share?
Steve
Tuesday, February 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thanks for the update. SO glad to hear that nothing's broken--but wow, it certainly sounds ultra-painful. I hope Kelly's recovery is swift!
ReplyDeleteAnd congrats to you on the loss of a few pounds & continuing to bust through the exercises!
You've got new muscle, you HAVE to with all the work you've been doing! It's just physics!
ReplyDeleteHey guys,
ReplyDeleteI hope Kelly recovers swiftly and that you are able to get back on the PCP. Lots of rest, TLC and good healthy food is the order of the day.
Good luck.
Good to hear that Kelly will be fine soon. Tricky ice!!!
ReplyDeleteI hope you enjoy watching the winter games.
Steve, I like a teaspoon of yogurt and a dash of paprika on white eggs, but it's only the illusion of color, because they just won't stop tasting like there's a yolk missing.
Hi guys, sorry to hear about Kelly's fall. I hope she's making a fast recovery and feeling better.
ReplyDeleteOh, the egg white...how I love thee. If I'm at home I try to cook it with my fruit allowance -- sort of like a faux pancake. I add ground vanilla bean & cinammon and then top it with my apple/plum/pear. It's small but it's a nice change...
Take care, Kelly! You'll be up and moving soon.
Hello, Kelly and Steve.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad to hear that it wasn't a serious injury. Lots of rest!! You might get a bit frustrated while you are resting (I got very annoyed and started to feel guilty about not exercising when I hurt my neck...) but you still have two months to go so don't worry!! I heard from Kazu-san (the first PCPer Japan, you know the Rolfer that you went to see in Yokohama?) if you go to bed before 11pm the growth hormone gets released and it would fix injury and muscle pain much quicker.
Take care! Gambatte!!!
Saya