Friday, February 19, 2010

Kelly's SURGERY!

Hello everyone. Thank you all so much for your comments and well wishes. Unfortunately it seems that we underestimated the seriousness of the injury that Kelly sustained Monday. After 2 painful days we decided to go to the hospital. After some tests were done it was determined through an MRI that she had fractured one of the vertebrae in her back. We couldn't have imagined how bad that injury was. It was then immediately decided that she would undergo surgery the next morning (Thursday-yesterday). So she did and now she has two screws and a metal pin in her back to stabilize the injury. She now lays in a hospital bed fending off the pain as much as she can while I try to comfort her any way that I can.
At this point she'll be out of commission recovering for the next 5 or 6 weeks. I thought you all should know. I think I will stay on the program as a way of staying sane and focused through all of this but Kelly will obviously no longer be able to continue. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Steve

7 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear that. I wish Kelly all the best and a soon and complete recovery. I hope the pain will go away soon. And to you Steve, a lot of strenght and good vibes. So good that you continue with the project, for sure that will help you get through this time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there and best wishes for a speedy recovery. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending well-wishes and comfort. I'm so sorry to hear about Kelly! I hope the pain subsides quickly and the recovery is smooth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you both and wishing Kelly a speedy recovery! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope the recovery goes smoothly! Thinking of both of you -

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dammit, I thought I'd posted about this and I haven't. Sorry guys, it was remiss of me to forget.

    @Kelly, get well soon and look after that back of yours. You want to get back to full fitness so you can enjoy the snowboarding again. I'm thinking of you here in Scotland and sending out good thoughts across the oceans.

    @Steve, good to hear you are sticking with it. I think the increase in intensity of the exercises will suit you if you are used to going to the gym and pushing your muscles to their limits. I wish you luck!

    ReplyDelete