Friday, January 15, 2010

Day One

Steve and Kelly have been together for 12 years. They passed their whole 30's together and now as they start their 40's they need to get back to basics. They eat healthily (vegetarian usually) they exercise (if and when they can) but they also like to socialize.... stay out late and do late nite things. They've lived on 3 continents and in 8 cities in the last 10 years, and each time they try to find some way to get back to health. This time they've just moved to Zürich, and are there for just over 90 days.... so the timing couldn't be more perfect.

She Says:
Here we go. We heard about PCP in the summer, a friend of Patrick's was doing the program and we were following her blog. At the time we thought.... "she's crazy!! Firstly, she's a dancer and in great shape. And secondly.... no drinking.... what?" But as summer turned into fall, and we still hadn't found our way to visit the gym regularly we started saying "you know, maybe we should try that PCP-thing?"
And here we are, new town, new time to do 'social-bonding' and we choose the PCP instead. Why? - for me it's about age. I love my body. Love the curves, love that it recovers quickly from injury and has been a very healthy vessel so far. But... I'm in my 40's now and as I look and see the old ladies in their 60's and 70's - some sprightly some not.... I want to be in the sprightly category. I have used (and sometimes abused) my body over the last 20 years, I want to cherish and nurture it for the next 20.

He Says:
I have always been in tune with my body. I played a lot of sports when I was young and have managed to stay in reasonable shape (in one form or another). However, as I got older I started to notice that it was extremely easy to get out of shape and a serious effort to get back into shape-which left me with the feeling that I need to maintain a more strict regular diet and fitness plan. I am also a professional drummer and as I get older it's becomes more apparent that I must listen to my body and treat it with the respect that it deserves. I know that a healthy diet and exercise routine helps me recover quickly from exhaustion and injury as well as providing me the energy needed to complete the physical requirements of a show (5 times per week). I am also a goal-minded person so I am quite anxious to go through the stages of the PCP program to cleanse myself of what's not needed and replenish myself with the necessary ingredients for a healthy body and mind.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome Kelly & Steve!

    I totally with you on the age thing! (When I did the PCP, I was in my mid-40s.) The body doesn't recover by itself as fast as when you're younger -- so I had to help give it a boost. The health, the energy, the looks -- so much better!

    Can't wait to read your continuing adventures in PCP land!

    ReplyDelete