However, like others, we too have lost weight this week (about half a kilo each!) and it has given us the impetus to try new vegetables:
Black Radish - a winter radish, tastes just like the red one but is the size of a beet. And is white on the inside. Tastes okay steamed, it the sharp flavour to compliment:
Kohlrabi - which is bountiful here this time of year. Steamed, the bulb tastes sweet, like broccoli stems. And the greens (thank you Michael Pollan for reminding me about leaves), sauteed with a glove of garlic in a tablespoon of vegetable broth and sweated for ten minutes, are meatier than spinach. - Kelly
Hi Kelly,
ReplyDeleteJust wanted to say thank you for your great email about giving up smoking. I'm sticking with it and haven't smoked for a week. Still have the cravings but it is getting easier. Slowly.
by the way - by snacking I mean a daily "cracker and cheese" ritual
ReplyDeleteGood idea, I will try those black radishes.
ReplyDeleteRaw Kohlrabi is also good, very fresh and with lots of water.
Awesome vegetables. I love seeing new stuff.
ReplyDelete